- Thursdays, May 23 – July 11
- 9-11 am
Stepping On is an evidence-based program aimed at reducing falls and building confidence. This seven-week program is specifically designed for people at risk of falling, have a fear of falling, or have fallen. Participants will learn:
- To identify and remove, or avoid fall hazards in the home and outside;
- How vision, hearing, medication, and footwear affect the risk of falling;
- Strength and balance exercises;
- How to get back up properly if a fall does happen.
Stepping On features trained facilitators and guest experts from Mayo Clinic Health System. VACC membership is not required. A $20 fee covers the cost of class materials. Contact Karen at (507) 386-5586 for more information and to register.