Join Our Team!
VINE Adult Literacy Center Coordinator:
We’re currently hiring for a part-time coordinator for our Adult Literacy Center. The ideal canidate will work directly with volunteers, referral agencies, and other staff members to coordinate literacy education for older adults who are not native-English speakers. Classes will be held at the VINE Adult Community Center.
Minimum Requirements: College degree and/or experience working with low literacy adult learners required. Certification in Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, or English to Speakers of Other Languages preferred. Must possess a valid MN Driver’s License and have use of a personal automobile.
Major Job Functions:
- Using a variety of educational materials, coordinate learning activities for 5-15 adult learners (students).
- Individual lesson plans
- Group lesson plans
- Work individually with adult English Language Learners (ELL) to improve their reading and conversational English-speaking skills. conduct student assessments and track individual progress.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate daily activities of volunteer Learning Partners (tutors) who provide peer-to-peer learning with
- Together with Diversity Coordinator, conduct and compile an annual program evaluation, to ensure program effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Work with Diversity Coordinator and other VINE staff on group activities (walking track, stretch and flex, outings etc.).
- After VINE leadership makes the determination to cancel class, contact Learning Partners and students.
Approximate House of Work: Part time position (approximately 15 hours/week). Generally daytime, weekday hours. Attendance required at VINE staff meetings and other special functions, as directed.
Submit completed VINE Employment Application, cover letter and resume to Kirby Hurd at email@example.com or 421 E. Hickory Street, Mankato, MN 56001. Questions? Contact Kirby at (507) 386-5582.
VINE Home Thrift Store Worker:
- Drive Store Truck (Automatic Transmission, no CDL required but must possess or be able to obtain Health Card)
- Pick up donations around Mankato and surrounding towns including furniture and smaller items
- Work in warehouse cleaning items and performing minor repairs
- Assist customers loading donations into their vehicles and accept donations of all sizes at the store
- Work with a team member while on the truck or at the store when moving large or heavy items.
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Possess or be able to obtain a Health Card to drive truck (No CDL is required)
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and regularly lift and move heavy items (70 lbs or more occasionally)
- Pass Criminal and Motor Vehicle Background Checks
- Provide good customer service in person at the store and while working on the truck
This is a part-time job with flexible hours which include some Saturdays and weekdays but no nights or overnights.
Please submit a completed VINE Employment Application, to Dave Gefre, 77 Star Street, Mankato, MN 56001.
Questions? Contact Dave at (507) 387-2699
Internships at VINE:
- Interns – An application can be found here>
We welcome interns at VINE and at the VINE Adult Community Center. To be considered for an unpaid internship, interns must:
- Complete the internship application
- Submit a cover letter and resume
- Interview with VINE staff
- Complete an orientation
- Commit to a specified number of hours each week
- Clear the MN Department of Human Services background check
Please, contact Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fall semester internship applications are due March 15.
Spring sememster internship applications are due October 15.